Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Cabo del San Jose



I can not say enough how thankful I am for my mom and friends and family who watched our children so we could go on this trip. It was absolutely amazing! And such a special time for Pete and me. It came at just the right time since we will be moving thousands of miles away from all of our family and friends. It will probably be years before we get to go on a date again! This trip was truly a blessing. The girls did fabulous! They were really missing us the last couple of days, but MoMo and Uncle Brian made sure they had plenty of new things (toys) to distract them. We had FIVE wonderful nights at the most beautiful resort. I spent a lot of my time at the pool. But I think my favorite part of the trip was playing golf with Pete. I have gone golfing with him a few times, but never played. The weather was PERFECT.....high 90's during the day and low 70's at night. The high 90's there feels so much better than it does here. The food was AWESOME. We had breakfast every morning on our balcony, lunch by the pool or beach and went out for dinner every night except one. We decided to cancel our reservation the fourth night and order room service. It was so relaxing. Again, I am so thankful we have such loving family and friends to help us out with the kids. Oh, and my little Miss Katie! She must be one of the most stubborn babies! She never took a bottle! She drank milk from a sippy cup, took it on a spoon and in the form of ice chips! She was very happy to see her Mama! Coming home to our girls was the highlight!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Glad you had fun. THe pictures are beautiful. Laura

Jennifer said...

Oh, oh, oh ... There are no words to describe how fabulous your trip looks! I'm so glad you got to have this time away with Pete. I wish I could have climbed in your suitcase and gone along!

Hope to see you before you move so far away!

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time!! So happy for you! And how old is that baby, because you look AMAZING!!