Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our Backyard

On a daily basis, we have a number of wildlife animals in our yard. There are tons of bunnies with little white cotton tails, chipmunks, cardinals, frogs, snakes, ground hogs, and tons of deer. The best part about living in a four seasons area is seeing all the new animals come out in the Spring time.

IMG_9993 Momma and baby deer.

This mama and her baby have been in our yard several times. The girls love seeing them. And the other day, out by our shed, we saw just the baby.

IMG_0043 It was precious! At first, I thought maybe it was injured because it was just sitting there letting us stare at it. But the second I got too close, he got up and ran away. I was curious why the baby was left alone. Apparently, it is normal for the moms to leave the baby while they go off to get food.

And don't forget the bear! Mr. Bear was actually in my front yard a few weeks ago! Sorry, no picture. I was too anxious and excited to think to turn off the flash so none of the pictures turned out. It was really amazing and exciting to see this wild creature just strolling through our front yard! Luckily, we were all inside when he made his visit. I think I would really freak if I saw it while we were hanging out outside.