Thursday, January 25, 2007

Happy Running


Happy Running? Is that an oxymoron? NO WAY!
I just have to share my workout with you girls because I LOVE IT so much! Some of you may already know about this because it has actually been around for a long time. Have you heard of Body for LIFE? I started doing the Body for LIFE cardio plan shortly after Katie was born. Six months later I am still enjoying it! The plan consists of working out in intervals at different intensity levels. For those of you who run outdoors it may be a little more difficult to follow. It is easy to do on treadmills, especially if you have the "quick-keys" for speed and elevation. I love this workout for a few reasons. Number one is because it really helps pass the time on the treadmill. Another reason I love it is because I change it up a bit- I do not do the same thing every time I run. I change it by adding a couple of more intervals or by alternating between speed and elevation for my levels. How I change it just depends on how early I can get myself out of bed to get on the treadmill! Not easy to do! If you decide to try this out, keep a post-it note on the treadmill with your levels and speed. This helps me know where I am at when I get lost in the music! Click on the link to get the actual cardio-plan. Let me know what you think. I also do the Body for LIFE weight training plan. I like that a bunch too.

No comments: