Thursday, October 16, 2008

It Is Snowing Leaves

This is the time of year when Pete we put off raking the leaves as long as possible. Pete has actually picked them up a couple of times already. It is pretty easy since we have this attachment that works as a vacuum for the riding lawn mower. I am thinking that I actually want to do it myself.......it would be a nice break and finally give me some time alone an easy chore once the thing is attached.

The girls and my mom and I had some fun in the leaves this afternoon. It is something new for us Texans. Fall is a beautiful time of the year when the weather is nice and cool. The leaves change from green to yellow, red and orange. It is quite a site! I am truly amazed at the beauty of it all!  Now the leaves are starting to fall off the trees and the cool crisp weather is slowly becoming cold.

IMG_7851

IMG_7862

IMG_7917 IMG_7895

It's unbelievable how much fun a pile of leaves can be when you are 6, 3, and 2 years old.

IMG_7915 IMG_7884

Where did Alli go?

IMG_7905

IMG_7907

I think this will keep her busy for awhile.

IMG_7889

4 comments:

Rachael said...

oooh how I miss the foliage, but sure don't miss raking leaves!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous! Oh, and the leaves are nice too!

Becky said...

I really like how you marked out a couple of words, that was funny. I guess one advantage to living in the city is that we can enjoy the leaves without raking them. And I think you SHOULD mow the lawn. In SA, I would beg Darrell to let me do it to get the break. Hope you are doing well!

Amy said...

Looks like so much fun!! Maybe one day I'll see leaves in colors other than green and brown, haha!