Saturday, May 21, 2011

Playing Catch Up - Alli




Here are a few Alli updates-
In February, after only 7 months of braces, she got her braces off! Beautiful straight teeth now!

In March, she joined a volleyball team. The season was pretty short, but she improved a lot during her time on the team.

In April, she turned NINE YEARS OLD! And after five years of asking for a guinea pig, she got one! Meet Bubbles, AKA Piggie. I cried when she saw that we had got her a guinea pig. I was so happy to see her excitement. She has done a pretty good (read OK, not that great, have to remind her a lot, makes a huge mess when cleaning the cage) taking care of her.

Alli also took the TAKS test in April....that wonderful test for all public school students. She struggled with the math part and was tutored once a week for a few months before the test. She was so nervous when she took the test. But I bet she did great. We haven't received her scores yet. And, honestly, I don't care if she passed or not because I know she gave it her best effort. Her teacher sent me an email after the tests were complete to let me know that she had never seen a student work as hard as Alli did while she was taking her test. I am so proud of her for trying so hard! And that is all that matters to me!





No comments: