Monday, April 2, 2007

8 Days and Counting!


Five years ago today, I was in Lawton, OK awaiting the birth of my first daughter. April 2nd was her due date and I just knew she would be arriving very soon. Little did I know, due dates do not mean much of anything! After trying EVERYTHING we had heard or read to try to bring on labor, it was not until eight days past her actual due date that she made her appearance. So in just 8 days my little girl will be FIVE YEARS OLD!! We will be celebrating her birthday this year at Libby Lu. This store is a dream come true for little girlie girls. All the make-up, glitter, jewelry, nail polish and hair accessories a girl could ever want! Alli has been talking about having her birthday party there since the first time we went into this store. It should be fun. They dress-up the girls, fix their hair, put make-up on them and let them do a little show outside the store for all the passer-byers to watch. We were just there this past weekend at Paige's party. She is one of Alli's "best" friends and the daughter of Amber, one of my best friends from high school. Alli had a blast! Her favorite part about Paige's party was dressing up as Hannah Montana and wearing a "belly show" shirt. She is now even more excited about her birthday! I just can't believe my little girl is growing up so fast!

Alli and Paige as Hannah Montana

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can only imagine what a great day this was for Alli :)