Thursday, May 10, 2007

FINALLY!

Ok, it has been awhile since my last blog. Other than checking my email and making my move at Scrabble, my computer time has been severely limited. We have so much going on right now. And on top of all the activities, I am trying to prepare myself to leave my girls for SIX DAYS!! Pete won the big Glamour Prize. And this year it will be in San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico at One and Only Palmilla. Alli and Tori will be fine. Alli is actually very excited for us to go. She keeps asking how many more days until we leave! It is Katie that I am worried about. She has only had one bottle her whole life! I know she will take one because she will not have a choice, but I just hope she is ok without me. Please feel free to leave any words of encouragement. It helps ease my anxiety and guilt! I am thankful for my wonderful family and friends who are willing to watch our children while we spend some quality time in paradise. They are such a blessing to us.

Tomorrow we have Alli's preschool graduation! I can't believe she will be in Kindergarten in a few months. She is growing up so fast!
Below is a picture of my girls with my sister's kids. Christopher, my nephew, just had his 18th birthday a few weeks ago. And this picture was taken this past week on my niece Kristin's 16th birthday. Jenna, my other niece, will be two next month.

5 comments:

Laura said...

This is what my mother told me when we left the kids for a week--- Do not feel guilty about leaving them. In the long run the only ones that will remember the trip are you and Pete. Don't ruin the memories by fretting and worring over your children. They will be fine.
Also I am jealous--I wish I could go away with Josh-Have fun for us.

Jennifer said...

I agree with Laura. The girls will be great and everyone will be so happy to see each other when you return!

I looked at the website for the resort and OH MY GOSH!!! How fabulous is that going to be? Y'all are going to have such a fabulous time! I can't wait to see pictures when you come home.

Unknown said...

All I can say is that if Pete needs someone to go with him, if you really NEED to stay home, I probably can rearrange my schedule to go :) Laura is EXACTLY right - no one will remember but you guys and you will be better parents for taking time out for the two of you.

Amy said...

I agree! The time together for the two of you will be so awesome. Katie will come around, she will not starve, and the good thing about it is that you won't have to listen to her get upset. That's always what broke my heart and made me cave in, therefore none of my girls took bottles! Have a great time, you deserve it!

Kimberly said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Exactly what I needed to hear!