Sunday, July 15, 2007

Our Trip to The Big D


The girls and I made a road trip up to Dallas this past week. The drive up was pretty easy. I almost enjoy driving up 35. I have so many memories up and down that highway. Memories from leaving San Antonio to go to college in San Marcos, driving to work in Austin, then driving all the way up to 35W to go to Lawton, OK to be with my new husband, to Killeen where we lived the longest- 2 1/2 years, back to Lawton, and then to McKinney, and then back down to San Antonio. WOW! We sure have moved a lot! 35 has gotten me home in all directions! I don't think it goes up to New Jersey??? Anyways...the girls and I had a great time. Our first stop was at my friend Betty's. I met her in McKinney at the park. Alli and Kaitlyn started playing together right away and instantly became friends. Betty and I also became good friends. Isn't that nice when that happens! We spent a lot of time at the pool and just hanging out. After a couple of days with Betty, the girls and I were off to The Prugh's. But before going to the Prugh's we met up with Rachael and Drew at one of my favorite spots while I lived in McKinney, Stonebriar Mall. It was our first time to meet the newest addition to the Barresi family and I am so glad we were able to meet up. When we got to Shana's, the girls ran in and started playing like we had just been there yesterday. It was so awesome to see how distance and time has not changed a thing. Being at Shana's house and just spending time with her brought back so many good memories. While in McKinney, I was lucky enough to run into my friend Jennifer. We had spend a lot of time with Jennifer and her family when we lived there. And our last stop was to visit our old friend's The Yanelli's. We had visited them a couple of months ago and, as always, it was a great time for me and the girls. Katie was especially happy to have another baby to play with. Thanks to everyone for having us! We had an awesome time. And thanks to Uncle Brian and (soon to be) Aunt Laura for watching Maddie.

No comments: