Monday, July 23, 2007

Traveling With Three Kids...

We have about 2 more days in our house before the packers arrive and start packing up all of our stuff. I am trying to be as organized as I can be right now.......but I really do not feel very organized! I think all of the things going through my mind are preventing me from being organized! Anyways, I am looking for any suggestions that you may have on traveling with three kids. Do I bring a car seat for Tori to ride in on the plane? We are definitely bringing Katie's car seat. We will be traveling during her nap time and I want Tori to be able to nap comfortably. But, do I really want to lug another car seat around three different airports? And what are the most entertaining toys that I could bring on the plane? We are definitely bringing a DVD player and the Leapster L-MAX. Let me know if you have any suggestions...

4 comments:

Amy said...

I always love those magnetic toys. They have some Eric Carle ones at Target right now that are in a case so all the pieces can be contained. Little Kelly dolls are the perfect size for playing with on the plane.You can't go wrong with crayons and a sticker book either. And I know it will be hard to lug around an extra car seat, but on the plane ride, it will be so worth it. Plus you play the desperate mom with three kids and they will definitely let you preboard. Good luck!!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

On our 3 1/2 hour plane ride with no daddy, just me...I had cd players, game boy, all new princess markers, stickers and coloring books they had not seen, snacks (special ones they rarely get) maze books/puzzle books like http://www.basket-full.com/klutz023.html more snacks :) etc. I checked both of our car seats, but mine are 3 and 5 and I only have two kiddos.

Rachael said...

sorry that I don't have any advice. We only have 1 kiddo and have only traveled with him on a plane once. I hope you guys have a safe trip, I know you are excited to be with Pete again. Miss you guys!

Laura said...

Ok Kim I have traveled lot with my two and the best thing is to take a portable DVD player with movies. I would not go with an expectations that they will nap on the plane. Also travel with the least amount of stuff. IF you are connecting planes take a stroller. Also many airlines will let someone go through secuity with you but they will need to get a pass when you check in. If this does't make sense-email me