Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Birthday Celebrations

This past Thursday was my 34th 21st Birthday!!

My first celebration was on Tuesday with my good friends Shannon and Lori.

IMG_8266 Me and my Jersey Girls! I met Shannon and Lori in my Bible study last year. I am so thankful for them! They are great friends and make my life here in NJ better.

On the night of my birthday we went to Chili's for dinner. Chili's is the best place to go with kids! Pretty much every table in the restaurant has at least one kid. It is also a "comfort" place for us. It is one of the few restaurants around that we like and have in Texas. NJ is not big on chain restaurants- just diners! On Friday, Pete and I were suppose to go on a "Hot" date, but a last minute doctor appointment for a rash on Alli prevented that. She was fine. I wish we had not taken her and wasted our time and money! But I had to make sure she was ok because I would be gone the next day for an overnight stay in NYC!!! My sweet husband bought my mom and I tickets for the Broadway show Mama Mia. It was SO GOOD!!! He also booked us a room so we could spend the day there. It was a great gift and a great time for my mom and me.

IMG_8298

IMG_8297 Here is my mom in front of the Rockefeller skating rink. It was my mom's second time to the city, but her first time to visit Time's Square. 

IMG_8302 It is still hard for me to believe that I live just an hour away from NYC. I love going to shows on Broadway! Pete and I went to our first show this past June. We have a high school friend, Derek Cecil, who was starring in a drama. We got the tickets through him so we had great seats! It is really such a fun experience. I can't wait to take the girls to a show.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I still can't believe YA'LL live up there either! sounds like you had a fun birthday! I LOVED mama mia too!

shannon_milinovich said...

I'm so glad we get to "borrow" you from Texas! It was fun hanging out the other night - can't wait for our NYC trip - we need to plan that date:)

jandacarter said...

Ugh! Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry I missed the actual day - I will probably miss my own as well since I never know the date or day of the week anymore! LOL! Sounds like you had a blast and I am glad you are enjoying NJ more! We need to get together soon!