Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treating and Trick or Drinking

Here are all the kids in the neighborhood getting ready for trick or treating.

IMG_8077 A few houses were vandalized the night before Halloween. The toilet paper was the nicest thing they did. They only hit the houses with older kids so I am sure it was some teenagers.

Our neighborhood has a few traditions. One of them is to go trick or treating together as a group. When it comes time to trick or treat at your house, you just run ahead of the group so you are there to pass out candy.

IMG_8104  IMG_8099

Another tradition of the neighborhood is Trick or Drink, an adult version of trick or treating. We were told about this little tradition shortly after we moved in. On any given Friday or Saturday in October the trick or drinkers can come knocking. This is how Trick or Drink works- they knock on your door, you let them in and serve them a drink of your choice, everyone has about 15 minutes to finish their drink, and then one adult has to go with the group to the next house, and it starts over from there. Unfortunately, my mom was here so both Pete and I could join the group. I don't know what I was thinking! I think the last time I had four drinks, much less shots of liquor, in one hour was way back in college! Needless to say, I was not feeling well the next morning. But we sure are lucky to have moved into such a fun neighborhood.

IMG_8123 This was the group that came knocking on our door. Luckily, we were prepared and had some alcohol to pass around. Too bad I did not bring the camera with me to take pictures at every house.

1 comment:

Shannan Riemer said...

How Fun! I am so happy you live in such a great neighborhood, it makes living in New Jersey that much better;)
p.s. someone has a birthday coming very soon....