Monday, March 2, 2009

Isn't it March?

This is not exactly what you want to wake up to on March 2nd!

IMG_9209 IMG_9202

IMG_9205 Notice how high the snow is on the girls' picnic table. And it is still coming down.

IMG_9203 Pete doing is favorite thing- shoveling snow!

Can you imagine how ready I am for some warm weather? It has been cold here since October!

At least it warmed up enough last week for the girls and I to drive down to Philly to go the zoo.  I met my friend Becky who moved to Philadelphia from San Antonio. Becky and I met at our church in SA. It is so great to hang out with someone from home!

The Philly zoo was great. I can't wait to go back in the Spring when all the rides are open.

 IMG_9193

IMG_9175 IMG_9172

IMG_9177

IMG_9190 The polar bear is on top of the rock.

IMG_9158 This turtle was being a little friendly....

IMG_9168 and this peacock was looking for someone to be friendly with.

IMG_9165 But none of the girl peacocks seemed to be as impressed as we were by his beautiful feathers.

My poor Alli was not too happy that we were going to the zoo without her. She says she doesn't remember all the fun things she got to do before she started going to school five days a week. I am certain that I did more with her!

IMG_9154 Here she is working on her piano lesson.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was just thinking about you guys this morning when I heard about the store! Amazing! Stay warm and safe!!!

Rachael said...

we got snow here in dallas last year march 4th AND 5th...so don't feel too bad!

Amy said...

I seriously cannot believe how crazy your weather was!

JKMN said...

I don't want to tell you it was 80 degrees here yesterday. Oh - and about the field trip, I always felt guilty when I took Nathan somewhere without Margaret until I remembered how much more I did with her. Maybe you could did up some old pictures for proof!