Sunday, March 15, 2009

NYC

We decided to drive into the city this weekend because, well, just because we can! After a year and a half up here, I still can't believe that I am only an hour away from NYC! It is such a neat place- so different! It just amazes me every time we go. The girls were great and had a lot of fun. It was so helpful that my mom was with us. One-on-one with the kids is ideal when walking the streets of NYC.

IMG_9267

Our first stop was to Toys R Us. Before we even go to the store, both Alli and Tori were telling us that they did not want to go see the big dinosaur.

IMG_9270

But Katie is not scared! She actually asked Pete to take her to see the huge roaring T-Rex!

IMG_9289 IMG_9287 The girls did not get to ride the big ferris wheel last time we were in the city so we made sure to do it this time around. Pete and I rode with Alli and Tori on the Scooby Doo cart.

IMG_9291 MoMo and Katie got on the Tonka truck. I was really hoping she would get on E.T. She still loves E.T. so much!

IMG_9296  We headed to the Stage Deli for dinner. The food was not that great and very over-priced, but that is probably the case with most restaurants in Times Square. I got a turkey reuben - it was $20 and it did not even come with anything else! Over-priced or not, it is always so fun to take advantage of driving to the city for a few hours just because!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

how fun! yeah I would think having an adult for each child would definitely make things easier!