Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Baby Girl

Last night was a big night for my Katie. It was her first night to sleep without a pacifier! This is HUGE!! She loved her paci's. And when I say love, I mean L-O-V-E!! Katie's paci's gave her the desire to go to bed. And this was the main reason that I had not taken them away. She would say,"Mommy, I need my paci's." I would tell her she can only have her paci's when she goes to sleep. To which she would reply, "Okay Mommy, I am ready for bed." And off to bed she went- it was that easy because paci's made it that easy! But her first night without them was great! I was so proud of her! Of course, I asked Pete to put her to bed. I did not know how it was going to go. But, much to my surprise, she did wonderful- better than I could have ever imagined! Pete told her she did not need a paci because she was a big girl. And then said he would get her a prize for being such a big girl. She said ok and that she wanted a lolly pop for her prize. And that was that! He walked out of her room and shut the door. And we did not see her until she woke up the next morning. Isn't it so funny how we put things off because we dread them and think up these horrible scenarios? I am still in awe at how smoothly it went!

IMG_9336 My big girl with her prize!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

what a big girl! I know, kids are so much more adaptable to change than us adults!
now if only I could take the thumb away!

Shannan Riemer said...

I know exactly what you are saying.
Kate looks like such a big girl!
xoxo