Friday, December 14, 2007

Happy 3rd Birthday Tori

Three years ago today our sweet Victoria Grace came into this world. It was completely planned, even though I tried my hardest to not be induced. My babies just don't seem to want to come out on their own. Alli was 10 days late, Tori 4 days and Katie 5 days. And December 14th seemed to be the best date. It is also my grandpa's birthday. My mom came to McKinney a few days earlier just in case......but nothing. So the 14th it was! Pete and I checked into the hospital bright and early that morning. Everything was going great. My wonderful doctor came in early to break my water and advised me to get the epidural soon. About thirty minutes later the contractions started to get a little intense. I was ready. We call the nurse to let her know. She walks in with a sympathetic smile. The anesthesiologist was in a c-section. I would have to wait. At first, I thought, maybe I wont get one. I always wanted to try natural birth. About two minutes later that thought was out the door! You girlfriends who have gone through labor naturally must have a VERY HIGH tolerance to pain. Or, better yet, my tolerance must be EXTREMELY LOW. The next hour was agonizing- to say the least. But when my night in shining armor (aka the anesthesiologist) walked in, I knew things would be getting better quick. And quick he was! Pete was amazed by his work. And just a little over one hour after getting my epidural, my second baby girl was born.                             

 146-4697_IMG (2) one day old

IMG_6827 1st Birthday- a party at home with friends and family

IMG_1540 2nd Birthday- a gymnastics party

IMG_5245 3rd Birthday- a Chuck-E-Cheese party

Tori is just the cutest thing! She has the sweetest voice. My favorite thing that she says is "sure". It sounds more like "shoore". She LOVES to look at books, magazines and catalogs. And she loves to watch her shows. She really gets lost in the TV. (Not a great thing- I know!) She is pretty independent. She wants to do everything on her own. Tori is a great sister to both Alli and Katie. Now that she is officially three, she will be able to participate in a ballet class. She starts on Monday. We celebrated Tori's birthday in San Antonio. She had been talking about it for about a year! And everyone she wanted there was there. It was perfect.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Kathryn says "sure" the same way! Happy Birthday to your sweet Tori, she is so adoraable!

Shannan Riemer said...

Please give her a big hug(squeeze her tight) and two kisses one for each cheek.
Happy Birthday Tori!

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday Tori! you are a cutie pie!!

Lisa said...

She is so cute! She looks just like her momma. :)

Unknown said...

I can't believe it has been 3 years already! Happy Birthday TORI - and thanks for teaching me and your mom to do our Christmas shopping early!