Saturday, December 29, 2007

What Day Is It?

For the past few mornings, I wake up and really have to think about what day it is. Pete has been on vacation since last Thursday so my days are all mixed up. I have been able to sleep until the girls come into our room. It has been a nice change from my usual 5am alarm. And for the days following Christmas, we have not done a whole lot more than play with our new toys and games. I had some big plans of organizing a couple of closets and unpacking the last two boxes sitting on my closet floor. I also wanted to go to the city to see the big Christmas tree. But none of that has happened. And that is ok. I mean, do I really need to unpack my scrapbook stuff? I think it has been over a year since the last time I have scrapbooked. And it really is too cold to drag three young girls into the city just to see a really big Christmas tree. So I am going to continue to enjoy the last few days of Pete being home from work. We'll play some more games and do some more puzzles. And we'll stay indoors and keep warm.

Here are a few pictures of us enjoying our new stuff.

IMG_5780  IMG_5831  IMG_5840

 

IMG_5846  IMG_5851  IMG_5856

IMG_5858  IMG_5860  IMG_5892

IMG_5863 While the kids and us enjoy the new toys, games, and puzzles, Maddie enjoys her bone that Santa left for her.

4 comments:

Shannan Riemer said...

I love all of these pictures..just living life. You have a beautiful family;)

Amy said...

I know I'm doing the same thing! I kinda like just hanging out, wish we could do it more often!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Ahh...I am doing the same - I mean, can you EVER play too many games? :)

Rachael said...

Glad you all are having fun relaxing. I am dreading Wednesday when hubby goes back to work and the relaxing comes to an end! And I agree, you do have a beautiful family!