Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

We celebrated the New Year by having a nice and "fancy" dinner at home. I made my first turkey....it was good! The girls put on their fancy dresses and picked out a dress for me to wear. During dinner we talked about new year resolutions. Alli said her resolution "is to start a collection of rocks or sea shells or flowers".....she needs some time to think about it. Tori said she would like to learn "how a TV goes".....hmm, ok that is interesting.

IMG_5913

  IMG_5939

IMG_5948  IMG_5944

IMG_5956

IMG_5968

After dinner we had movie night. The girls chose candy as their movie treat. Pete had taken them earlier in the day to pick out some candy. Unfortunately, someone (I wont say who- but it wasn't me!) gave Alli too much candy. Right after the movie she threw up all over Pete.

Today we talked about our favorite memory from 2007. Alli said her favorite memory was going back to Texas for Uncle Brian and Aunt Laura's wedding. And Tori said her favorite memory was the plane ride. Alli thinks that Katie's favorite memory is MoMo coming to visit.....that was also one of everybody else's favorite. My favorite memory of 2007 is August 5th. This is the day that we flew from Texas to New Jersey. Even though I was VERY SICK from the plane ride, it is still my favorite memory. I had grown so tired of being separated from Pete. I had a ton of feelings going on inside me. I had been anticipating this day for so long. I was stressed and worried,and mostly excited. This was a huge move for me. A total life-style change. And it turns out that New Jersey is not so bad after all. Pete has two favorite memories. Getting the call from his future boss that he got the job here in New Jersey is one. And the other is me telling him that the month of August was the best month of our married life.....and it was. There is nothing better than the five of us being together.

What is your favorite memory?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Your family is so darn cute!
My favorite memory of 2007 is celebrating Christmas this year and seeing the kids so happy to spend time with family.

Amy said...

What a fun day! And good for you cooking a turkey, they scare me, I'm going to avoid that one as long as possible!! Loved hearing about your resolutions and your memories! You know mine, it was that crazy car trip I took to Ohio and back. And guess what? We'll be making the jaunt to New Jersey this summer so we will definitely have to see you guys!

Rachael said...

Sounds like you all had a fun night. Too much candy for Alli, too funny!
one of my favorite memories from 2007 is the amazing week + that we had as a family this holiday. It was relaxing, rewarding, and so much fun!

Shannan Riemer said...

Hum...two of my favorite memories this year were when one of my best friends came to visit me this summer shortly after I found out I was pregnant and then again in December for my baby shower. xoxoxo!