Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Year and One Half

Katie is now 18 months old. It is really hard to believe that she is just about the age Tori was when she was born! Katie is so much fun. She is growing up so fast. I love this age, but I do miss her being a little baby. I mostly miss wearing her. Katie was the only baby that I wore. She lived in her sling and mei tai carrier for the first year.....too bad I did not have these with the other two. I loved my carriers and I LOVED having her so close. I loved that I that she was right there with me and I that I was still able to do things with the other girls. Katie gives great hugs and kisses. She will grunt when she gives you a tight hug....it is so cute. Katie loves, loves, loves her paci. She would walk around with one in her mouth and one in each hand all day if I let her. Katie has yet to realize that her and I are separate people.....she spends a lot of time hanging on to my leg! But in the last week or so, she has really started to be a little more independent.....which is so nice! She loves Maddie. She loves her sisters. She does a great job keeping up with them.....and she also does a great job "destroying their stuff".....the joys of having a baby sister! The other day Alli and Tori were playing doggy. Alli had Maddie's leash on Tori and Tori was crawling around as Alli pulled her along on the leash. Katie was down on the floor crawling around right beside Tori. I thought that was so cute.....she was really trying to play with them. Katie's favorite game is peek-a-boo. I feel like she is already fitting the birth order traits of being the baby of the family. According to the book, the baby is usually the "class clown" type....always wanting to make people laugh. Katie will do something silly like stick her paci in her ear to make me laugh.

A year and a half of Katie

Kate's 1st yr 

Katie at 18 months

collage3

5 comments:

Amy said...

Sweet post!! She is a cutie! I have read that about the babies being the clowns too and I totally believe it. Kathryn cracks us up!!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I love this post - she has a doll face! ;) My aunt Trish who is the youngest of four girls is the BIGGEST clown of all - STILL - and just turned 50! What FUN to be around! :)

Unknown said...

Hope Katie had a happy 1/2 birthday on Saturday. Us July 19th babies like to be pampered on our 1/2 birthdays too!

Rachael said...

She is too cute! Happy 18 months Kate!

Shannan Riemer said...

She is adorable!