Friday, September 5, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Today Pete and I have been married ten years!

What an amazing ten years it has been!

You may remember that I mentioned a trip to Cancun to celebrate our anniversary early. We left from Texas back in July while the girls had plenty of family to love on them. It is always so hard for me to leave the girls. I get really stressed out the day before we leave, but I always enjoy myself and know that it is good for us to have some alone time. We had a great time! Pete and I love beach vacations where we can walk on the beach for a bit and then head back to the pool! I do love spending time on the beach- but mostly with the kids! When it is just us, I don't want to deal with all the sand! I want to lay in a chair, jump in and out of the pool when I need to cool off and have a waiter bring me fruity drinks! So that is exactly how we spent our time. We layed around the pool all day and managed to get in a round of golf and a couple of massages in between. I can't go on vacation without trying out the spa! And I am pretty sure Pete feels just the same when it comes to playing golf! The two go hand in hand.

IMG_7196

Here is the happy couple waiting for our cab in the lobby of the Ritz-Carlton. The hotel was great. And we had fabulous food every night.

IMG_7155

Pete had flowers and champagne waiting in our room......so thoughtful!

IMG_7150

This was taken as a tropical storm was coming through. Notice that the palm trees look like they are going to fly away.

IMG_7167

My annual attempt at playing golf. The only time I get to play is when Pete and I have a vacation by ourselves. Pete is always super patient. He is a pretty good coach.

IMG_7173

Pete playing well.

We had a very relaxing get-away in Cancun. These past ten years have flown by! I am so thankful for all that God has blessed us with. And I am looking forward to starting our 11th year here in New Jersey!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like so much fun! I sure could use a getaway.
Happy Anniversary to you guys!

Rachael said...

Happy Anniversary! I love cancun!

Didi said...

Glad y'all had a great anniversary!