Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Milestone

I feel I have come to a milestone in my life as a mother. I have finally come to the point in my motherhood where I have a child attending school full time. From the moment the girls get up, I am non-stop moving in at least five different directions. I have to pack a lunch for Alli and Tori on her preschool days. I have to make sure Alli eats her breakfast, brushes her teeth and brushes her hair. I have to help Tori and Katie dress and brush their teeth. I fix their hair. Alli no longer wants me to fix her hair :( (She is getting way too old!) After Alli gets on the bus, Tori has preschool or gymnastics or dance. So at 8:35am (I know I have it pretty easy considering the time that most elementary schools start in Texas.) I put her on the bus and don't see her or hear from her for 7 hours. WOW! This is a big deal! I never knew how easy I had it with half day PM kinder! I was rarely the anxious yelling mom in the mornings. If Alli did not eat all her breakfast, no big deal. I would give her a snack a couple hours later. All we had going on in the mornings last year was dance, gymnastics or Bible study. None of that even started until 9:30. And we had two days where we could stay in our PJ's until noon if we wanted to! So if I can say anything positive about PM kinder, it is that it gave me my mornings!

I will say that Alli really seems to be enjoying her full day at school. She is the type of child that likes to stay busy. She does not seem the least bit exhausted by a full day. She loves that she gets to go to two "specials" a day. And, again, just like she did last year, she loves riding the bus with her friends. Our bus stop is the last stop so, unfortunately, she only has about a 3 minute bus ride! She has her friends here in the neighborhood and is making new friends in her class. She also likes her teacher a lot. I am so anxious to go to Back to School Night to find out more about her day and her new school. It seems like they have it so late....shouldn't back to school night be the first week of school?

Tori also seems to like her school. Her teacher's name is Mrs. Morales. Tori says her name so cute, "Mrs. More Alice". Tori's school also has Back to School night next week. I am so glad that they welcome siblings to all school events!

I am enjoying the four hours two days a week that I have alone with Katie. On Tuesdays, she and I are doing a Mommy and Me gymnastics class. She had a lot of fun on the first day. She was a good listener and stayed in circle time the whole time. I will admit, I was surprised! She is a bit defiant and doesn't always do exactly what I am asking her to do- examples: get out of the car, come into the house, put your paci back in your bed, ect.! I will keep hoping she listens as well as she did the first day!

Alli has her second soccer game this weekend. I was so proud of her on her first game! She did great and really went after the ball. Soccer is huge here! Is it just here, or is it like that every where? I will post Alli's soccer, and Tori and Katie's dance and gymnastic pics soon! I have been totting my camera around every where and haven't had time to download pics!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like you are some busy gals!!

Rachael said...

sounds like you guys are keeping very busy. Alli sounds so grown up!

jandacarter said...

I know the drill - I have to do the same thing here. Alison has full day Kinder, which she loves. Katelynn doesn't quite like her school as much as she did in FL - Alison went to that school though! She misses her sister a lot during the day! I do too! Now, if only Matthew wouldn't have a cow in the gym nursery, I would be good to go! LOL! MISS YOU!

Becky said...

That sounds pretty intense but also really nice. I bet the weeks just fly by for you. I can't believe she is gone for 7 hours, that seems so long.