Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Big First Grader!

IMG_7549 Here is Alli right before we went to  Meet The Teacher at her school yesterday afternoon. She was very anxious and nervous. She kept telling me her belly was hurting. Which was making me SO NERVOUS! I felt so bad for her. On the inside, my belly was hurting too! But on the outside, I stayed positive and talked about all the good things that she gets to do in school this year- like go to specials every week, eat lunch at school, check out books, ride the bus....but what I really wanted to do was pick up my big six year old, hold her and hug her tight and promise her we will never move again! Alli really does not like "new" things. And I know how hard it must be for her to go to a new school. So we met her teacher. She is an older woman with a lot of experience. And I have only heard nice things about her. She seemed very nice and I am glad Alli is in her classroom. After prayers and kisses last night, as I was walking out of Alli's room she called me back in. "Do you think Mrs. Miller is nice, Mommy?" I say, "Yes! She seems very nice." And Alli says, "I think she seems very nice too." And that little conversation made me feel so much better. It was the first positive thing Alli had said about school!

So guess what Alli said about school today? She loved it! YAY! Oh- that just made my day!

P9040165

This is our bus stop! All but 2 of these kids are right in our little neighborhood. And there are a total of 7 first graders. Alli is the second on the left.

P9040165 My Big First Grader!!!

I did not get any pictures of Alli by herself this morning. I brought my camera to the bus stop without a memory card! I did get some of her this afternoon, but she was not really cooperating!

IMG_7552 And this little cutie pie will have her first day next week!

1 comment:

Shannan Riemer said...

Don't they grow too fast! She looks just beautiful.