Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Day in NYC















Lisa, Grant, and Alli











We drove about an hour to get to the city. I still cannot believe we live that close to New York City! We started off at Pete's oldest friend Lisa's apartment. They went to elementary school together in Germany and ended up going to the same high school. Lisa and Pete graduated together in '91 and her husband and I graduated together in '93......too funny! Living in the city is so foreign to us. We were very intrigued with her lifestyle. I think it is SO COOL! I was so interested in talking with Lisa about living in the city and learning how she does every day things. Can you imagine life without a car? How cool to be able to walk everywhere! So we walked to lunch and then we walked to the fairy to get to the Statue of Liberty. Wow- going to the statue with three young girls is a lot of work! It was fun though. And she, Lady Liberty, is truly amazing to see in person. I am sure I have seen her picture hundreds of times. But to see her in person was truly memorable. She is huge! It is pretty cool to think about how she came to our country and how they actually stood her up! The girls were more interested in playing at the park we passed on our walk to the fairy, but I am sure they will appreciate her one day. And then, of course, there was traffic!









































6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute photos! I bet this trip was a lot of work. What is next on your NY to do list?? When do you see the shows? The ferris wheel at Toys R Us?? Is FAO Schwarz closed?

Unknown said...

One more question? Did you drive the suburban into NYC? And where did you get that shirt? I love it.

Amy said...

How fun! I have always wanted to go to NYC! I think we are trying to plan a trip in May for our anniversary, can't wait! Of course I won't be bringing the girls. Want to experience it right the first time!

Jennifer said...

How neat! I'm glad to see that you guys are "living it up" while you are in NJ. I hope we can get together for at least a little while when I'm up there in November (1-5).

Rachael said...

How fun for the girls to see NYC, what a great place to visit! Did Pete make it back to Down the Hatch? lol!

your favorite cousin! said...

awesome pictures, can't wait to visit! We REALLY miss yall:( if you see anyone selling "hot" purses get me one!