Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Nine Wonderful Years



Today Pete and I have been married nine years! They have gone by quickly! I remember the early days of our marriage so clearly. My-Oh-My, how things have changed! Things are a little more hectic these days. I am enjoying this part of our lives so much. Though, I will admit, that I often think of our days back at Fort Hood when we had nothing better to do than hang out with our friends. Now, those were some good times! But nothing will ever compare to our lives now that we are parents. The three little girls that God has blessed us with have brought me more joy than I could have ever imagined. I am so thankful for Pete and my girls. They are my life.



In celebrating our nine years, I will share nine things you may, or may not, know about Pete and me.

1. Pete and I have known eachother for 17 years.



2. We dated in highschool on and off for a couple of years. We started dating again in 1996 while he was a cadet at West Point and I was a student at Southwest Texas.



3. We saw eachother once a month the last two years of college. I would drive my roommates crazy with all my "counting down" until we saw eachother again.



4. There was no such thing as "unlimited long distance" back then. I would have to work an extra shift just to pay my phone bill.



5. We did quite a bit of traveling our last year in college. Besides spending time in New York and Texas, we traveled to Shreveport and New Orleans, Pensicola and Panama City Beach, and Fort Bragg, NC.



6. We were engaged in 1998 on Valentine's Day in Austin, Texas. Pete waited until the end of the night to ask. I had already made up my mind that he was not going to ask that night.



7. We were married in San Antonio on Kelly Air Force Base. Our wedding started about 25 minutes late because the MP's at the gate would not let me through. Apparently, there was some mix-up with the wedding list.



8. We have moved seven times in the last nine years.



9. This past month in New Jersey has been one of the best months of my life. I am so happy to have my family all together. I love hearing the girls ask Pete if he will eat breakfast with them in the morning. And I love seeing the girls run to him when he comes home in the evening.

7 comments:

Shannan Riemer said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are such a beautiful couple! That sure was a fast nine years..can time slow down just a little?
Love you!
Sammy

P.S. Just in case you didn't already know:

Traditional 9th wedding anniversary gifts have a theme of Pottery and Willow.

A contemporary or modern Ninth anniversary gift has a theme of Leather.

The flowers associated with the Ninth anniversary are Poppies

The Gemstone list shows Lapis Lazuli and Tiger Eye are the gems associated with this Anniversary

Rachael said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Pete! I too remember those days- counting down till we could see our cadets again! Those were some fun years, but they were HARD!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad to hear that you love live in NJ! That is such a blessing!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love you guys! And MISS you terribly. Somehow NJ seems a lot farther than San Antonio...come back to McKinney!!!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

Thanks Honey! I love you!

Laura said...

Love the picture and the 9 things. Hope you had a wonderful day together

Laura