Saturday, October 27, 2007

I MISS...

Oh, the things I am missing! Let's see, I miss HEB. What Texan doesn't love HEB? Do you know the grocery stores here do not have baggers? Every once in a while I will get lucky and the cashier will help me bag the groceries, but I have NEVER had anyone take my groceries to my car. Plus I use to get a balloon with a lollypop for each kid at the end of the shopping trip. It was a great bribery tool. I miss La Cantera. I lived about five minutes away from the best shopping in San Antonio. I miss Oak Hills Church and Oak Hills Preschool. Oak Hills was a great church for us and I LOVED the preschool. Tori would have gone there this year. I miss Mexican food. The Italian food and Chinese food is great here, but I would love some Pappasitos. I really miss Chic-fil-A too. I do not like fast food, but isn't Chic-fil-A too good to be fast food? And you can get fresh fruit and trade in your the little toy for an ice cream. I miss Leon Springs Elementary. Alli would have gone there. And it would have been better than this school....well, at least all day kinder and not having to deal with the bus sounds better. Oh well, we'll be back to San Antonio one day! Oh, and of course, I miss my family and friends, but that goes without saying! I'm lucky that I have a great husband who is definitely worth moving for.....even to New Jersey.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

What a great experience to live so far away from "home" for a little while though. Think of all the things from NJ you will miss when your "tour" there is over. The fall folliage, ice skating on ponds, the ocean, the mountains...anyway sorry to be so optimistic, I feel your pain. We will see you all soon though!!!! yippee!!!!!!

jandacarter said...

I miss you guys! I was in San Antonio this weekend with Matthew and couldn't call anyone - well all the single friends are still there, but you know what I mean! Sure did think about you guys a lot! And I miss it too - FL is just too damn humid! It is below 80 degrees outside but still soupy - yuck!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I second the "husband worth moving with" :) I miss Jason's Deli, St. Gabriel's church, Shana, Texas public schools, good tex mex, Stonebriar Mall, Recollections scrapbooking store, and so, so many others. :)

Shannan Riemer said...

I wonder if we can get some Pappasito's to ship some food up to you;)Um..you are on your own with the schools,family&friends relocating for a year;)
MISSYOU!
xoxoxxoo!