Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Over The Hill And Through The Woods

To Our New House We Go!

That is the perfect description for our new home. I am not kidding when I say we are in the COUNTRY! Our new house is located between your traditional Red Barn Farm and a Christmas Tree Farm. And today, it is OURS!

Take a look at our beautiful new home!

 

Spring Pic1

Spring Pic2

These first two photos were taken by the previous owner last Spring.

The next two photos were taken a couple of weeks ago when we went out there to plants some bulbs. Hopefully we can keep up the yard. Pete and I are not big yard people......or at least, we have never been big yard people. I guess this yard is going to require us to become a little more involved with our yard.

And the trees are now starting to look more like they do in the first two pictures. Spring is finally here, and I can honestly say, I see why New Jersians love it here.

IMG_6507

IMG_6505 Kate is taking a look at our new pets.

I can't say that I am super excited about living so close to the woods. I know plenty of people that have seen bears near their homes. And last night, when we were doing our walk through, we saw a red fox in our back yard!!! I am trying to not freak out too much. I am going to go out and buy a lot of wind chimes.....wont the noise scare off the animals?!!? I do love the beauty of it all. It is absolutely gorgeous there. There are so many trees and the yard is just amazing. I love the house too. And when the peach and purple and blue is off the wall, I will love it even more. Right now, there are painters working on putting some Latte, Practical Beige, Winterberry Cream, Macadamia, Priscilla and Joyful Lilac (these last two are for the girls' rooms) colors on the walls. I can't wait until it is all done and we are moved in!

10 comments:

Rachael said...

It is GORGEOUS!! it makes me very homesick, it looks very similar to my mom's neighborhood. can't wait to come visit!

Didi said...

That is breathtaking!!! Congrats on your new home!!!

Shannan Riemer said...

What a dream! I am so happy for you;)

Unknown said...

It is beautiful! Congrats - I know you have been patiently waiting to feel settled in. And yes, you all better learn to LOVE yardwork - like buy a riding lawnmower, loving yardwork. Good luck with that! The fish pond is like my moms - it is so much fun.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! It is absolutely beautiful!! What an amazing sight to see every day.

Amy said...

WOW, it is beautiful!! When I was visiting my brother I was so surprised at the number of deer just hanging out in people's yards!

Anonymous said...

Kim!! It's beautiful!!! Congrats.

jandacarter said...

Wow - that is beautiful. Looks like a property out of a movie. Congrats to you guys! Can't wait to come visit!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

How beautiful - and you know? I LIVE in bear country - just don't leave ANY trash out - that is the BIGGEST tip of all - or so the locals here say... :)

Becky said...

Your house looks amazing, can't wait to visit!