Sunday, August 3, 2008

Texas Trip- Part 2 Week One

The first week in Texas was quite busy! I wanted to hurry up and see everyone!

Alli lost her tooth the day after we arrived to SA. She has lost a total of 3 teeth and 2 of them have been lost in San Antonio. Tooth number two was lost while we were there for my brother's wedding. This third tooth is her first one on the top to come out. The one next to it is a little loose.

IMG_6906

We spent the next couple of days spending time with family. And we celebrated my niece Jenna's third birthday.

jenna

Before Jenna's birthday party, the girls and I went to our old church Oak Hills and then to lunch with our friends from our Life Group. Tori could not have been happier to see her two "best friends" Josie and Emma.

IMG_6922 IMG_6920

I needed to get to Austin as soon as possible. There is this little baby boy that I have been waiting to meet!

So the next day the girls and I headed up to Austin to finally meet Jacob, Sammy's baby boy! I was just thrilled to meet him! Our friend Lisa and her two boys came to hang out with us too. These boys are so cute! We met at Sammy's mother in-law, Kathy's, so we could swim with the kids.

IMG_6943 IMG_6953

IMG_6956

We not only met at Kathy's to swim, but also to see my first love, Sam Beau. If you knew me in college or before we had Alli, you know who Sam Beau is. For those of you who do not know, Sam Beau was my little chihuahua that was my "baby". He became very depressed after Alli was born. I felt so bad for him and so sad because I knew that we were no longer the right family for him. Sam Beau needed to be in a home where he was the center of attention. Long story short, Sammy's mother in-law is now Sam Beau's mommy. He could not be in a better home. He will be 13 years old in just a few days.

IMG_6937 My First Love...

Later in the week, I met up with my sister in-law, Morgan, who just happened to be vacationing in San Antonio. It was a real treat to be able to see her family. The girls were excited to meet their little cousin Bailey.

IMG_6984

And to wrap up week number one, I met up with my best friend from high school, Amber, whose daughter, Paige, happens to be Alli's "very best friend in the whole world". It is so great to see Alli and Paige together. I love that they are such good friends! Alli wears half of a "Best Friends" necklace that Paige gave to her.

IMG_6993

2 comments:

Rachael said...

so nice to be able to catch up with so many friends. Sam Beau (I never knew that's how you spelled it) looks much older than last time I saw him!

Shannan Riemer said...

We had such a great time with you and your girls. I am so glad you finally got to meet our little man;)
xoxo