Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Heat Wave

INSTANT ALERT-

PM KINDER IS CANCELLED DUE TO EXCESSIVE HEAT


WHAT?!?! Yes, that is right! Can you believe it? It was 95 degrees here in New Jersey so they cancelled school. AND they made the next day a half day! Which is VERY FRUSTRATING when your child is already in half day kinder. Alli's school does not have AC so I guess that is the procedure when it gets "too hot" up here. You would think with the amount people pay in taxes up here, they could afford to put AC in the schools.
It is pretty funny for us Texans that they are making such a fuss over the 95 degree weather. Every where we go people are telling us to try and keep cool. We went out to eat last night and the waiter said it was so hot in the restaurant because the AC could not keep up with the heat! Pete and I think it is great! I am just happy that it is not cold anymore!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

our fam is getting the heat in MA too. it is tough sleeping at my mom's during a heat wave, she does not have central AC, ugh!

Amy said...

Traci was telling me that and I think it is insane!!

Guess those New Jersey folk would die in a Texas summer!

Jennifer said...

I think this is quite funny! I have never heard of school closing because of 95 degrees. I guess it is the reverse of how northerners feel during one of our "snow storms". Oh well, bust out those flip flops and enjoy!

jandacarter said...

I think you hit it on the head about no AC so it makes it a bigger deal. I can't wait to get back to VA though for some SEASONS! FL is stinkin hot AND humid!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I agree with Frazzled - it IS hilarious to hear about TX cancelling school for the "snow" storm - while we shovel a foot or more and get on with it...I will admit - living in Nevada now and once in Denver for a while - the black ice in Texas IS horribly dangerous - but I am convinced it is because everyone with an SUV thinks they can PLOW right over it! HELLO! :)