Sunday, February 10, 2008

An Early Valentine's Date

Pete and I took full advantage of my mom being here and went to NYC. My mom got here on Friday and we left Saturday afternoon for the city. With all of Pete's Marriot points, we were able to stay at the Marriot Marquis at Times Square in a suite on the 45th floor FOR FREE!!! It was so nice to just walk around and pop in and out of stores. We ate at a Sushi Bar for lunch and at a Mexican restaurant for dinner. On our walk back to the hotel, we stopped in a deli that I noticed on our way out. They had a display of delicious looking cheesecake in the window. We bought a slice to take back to the hotel. I LOVE eating dessert in my pj's and in bed! And, let me tell you, the cheesecake tasted even better than it looked!! We chose the Toffee Heath Bar Cheesecake, $10 for one slice! But worth every dollar....at least last night it was. Now, of course, I feel a bit guilty for indulging...I am sure I ate more than Pete!

view from our room.....kind of scary being so high up!

IMG_6156 IMG_6158

IMG_6168

And me in Times Square....yay, I get to check something off my To Do List! I just LOVE checking things off my To Do List!

IMG_6163

4 comments:

Amy said...

WOW! How fun is that! I am so jealous!

Unknown said...

Fun fun...wish we were near the city to meet you. We have so many fun memories of being there. Did Pete call Brad today? I saw J&J on the caller id.

Jennifer said...

Oh, how much fun! I miss New York! I hope you get to have more dates like this!

Didi said...

How fun! Glad y'all got to enjoy a date night & what an awesome one at that! How romantic!