Thursday, February 28, 2008

An Extended Stay in the Northeast

Never in a million years would I have thought that New Jersey would be my home for a long time. Way back in May, Pete received a promotion to come work at the home office. It is a temporary position that is required to move along. So great! We move to New Jersey thinking that it will be pretty temporary.....six months to a year or so. We will have lots of fun. See lots of things. Make the best of it. Along comes a DM position for NYC and New Jersey......and we are interested in it!?!? Yes, that is right! Pete applied for the position, was offered the job, and has accepted it!

Ok, so why will staying in NJ be great? I have to come up with some reasons.

1. It is against the law to pump your own gas in NJ......Full Service every time!!!

(These are in no particular order, but not having to pump my own gas when it is FREEZING outside is pretty darn great! So it might really be reason number one!)

2. We live very close to our great friends Pete and Jami.

3. We do not have such a huge move ahead of us. We are hoping to find a home very close to where we live now.

4. We already have friends here.

5. I can take my time working through my To Do List.

6. We can always go to the Army-Navy game.

7. We live close to some REALLY GREAT PLACES. Hopefully we will have LOTS OF VISITORS. (Did you catch my hint?)

8. Umm.....ok, I am having a hard time coming up with any more!

The good news is that we are Texans through and through. I WILL make sure that my girls say "y'all" and not "u's guys"! And WE'LL BE BACK! Texas will always be our home. We are determined to get back one day. In the meantime, we will continue to enjoy our time here. We will look forward to having lots of visitors. And we'll make more friends and get to know the ones we have now even better.

And I am so happy for Pete! He is doing exactly what he wants to do..........next to playing in the PGA!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, that is very bitter-sweet news! Great for Pete (and you)! Maybe someday I'll talk Brian into coming to visit. The kids would love it. Oh, and I'm really thing that gas pumping thing is too cool!!

Amy said...

I will see you this summer girl!!
I love the full service thing. You can't even find a full service station around here!

Shannan Riemer said...

I am happy for you guys..for the most part;) A tiny bit of me really hoped you would move back to Texas sooner but again this is such a great experience for you guys. so, I can put my selfishness aside (for now) and be patient that you will return before we turn gray. right?
p.s. I am looking forward to a trip to visit sometime soon;)

Unknown said...

I am happy for you know where you are going - I know you have been wanting to feel settled and now you will be. I am glad we stopped following you around though - because I am not looking for a move to NJ!

Rachael said...

I am really happy that YOU GUYS can get settled and call NJ home. Congratulations to Pete on the promotion!

Didi said...

That's great news! What a positive way to look at things.

P.S.--You keep mentioning your To Do list. Reminds me of the new movie The Bucket List. You should post your list sometime and the things you've accomplished. Way cool!

JKMN said...

Hey Kimberly! I've been lurking - sorry. Enjoy your time as a "Jersey Girl", have fun working on that to-do list, and don't let those Yankees teach your girls how to talk funny!

Laura said...

So excited for you.