Monday, April 21, 2008

Celebrating The Man I Love

Today is Pete's 35th birthday!!! And I am so glad that he is actually home so we can celebrate with him. Throughout our almost 10 years of marriage, I think we have spent at least half of our birthdays away from each other.

I have known Pete longer than I haven't known him........does that make sense? I met Pete when I was just 15 years old. We were both students at Taft High School. I was a Freshman and he was a Junior. We started dating the following year thanks to my good friend Sarah Kavakich. I remember telling Sarah that I thought Pete was HOT! (or was it FINE!) Well, my good friend made it known to him and just days latter he passed me a note in the hallway!! Thank you Sarah!

Happy Birthday Honey! I Love You!

35 Things That Make You The Super Cool Guy I Think You Are

1.  You are great at doing the laundry. Pete will sort, wash, dry and fold laundry. And he puts is own laundry away right after he folds it.

2.  You don't hold a grudge.

3.  You watch Grey's Anatomy with me.

4.  You like to cuddle at night.

5.  You think I am a good cook.

6.  When you set your mind on something- you do it and you do it well. Examples- playing golf, swimming, bike riding, playing the guitar, selling, managing, ect. Pete will read books, take notes and practice at whatever it is he is trying to accomplish.

7.  You taught yourself how to play the bass guitar and the acoustic guitar. I do think that is super cool! Pete not only taught himself how to play, but played in a band while in the Army and at our church in San Antonio.

8.  You love God and brought me closer to Him.

9.  You play with our girls.

10. You clean the kitchen.

11. You workout and have a desire to be healthy.

12. You do yoga with me.

13.  You can drive in NYC. Even though I have been very scared while riding in the car with you through Times Square, you sure can keep up with those New Yorkers!

14. You want to move back to Texas.

15. You never leave the toilet seat up.

16. You motivate me to get out of bed when the alarm goes off at 5:35am so I can workout before the girls wake-up.

17. You have great taste. I always love anything Pete buys me. He seems to know what is in style more than I do.....an advantage of being out in the workforce.

18.You do all the technical stuff for me like put music on my iPod.....which is probably not very technical at all, but he still does it for me anyways.

19. You love my family. From the very beginning, Pete has taken in my family as his own.

20. You don't care if we eat sandwiches for dinner.

21. You go to sleep at the same time I do. Pete and I have gone to bed at the same time almost every single night. And when one of us wakes up, we wake up the other. We are not big on letting the other sleep in, only because that is just not that important to us. It is really great to go to bed at the same time and wake up together. On occasion I need to sleep in and he lets me.

22. You are a great friend to all your friends.

23. You make me want to be a better person.

24. When it is one of those days and I really need some ice cream, you will run out and get it for me, even when it is freezing out.

25. You always tell me you love me when we hang up the phone.

26. You have your priorities straight. God, family and then work .

27. You are great with our finances.

28. You are a giver.

29. You are a great father. I love that my girls have a great dad! One who loves them unconditionally, disciplines them and one who is genuinely interested in them.

30. You are not ashamed of The Gospel and often share your faith with your friends.

31. You encourage me to get out of the house all by myself.

32. You bring the girls (and me some times) a surprise when you have been out of town for a few days even if it means stopping in a Walmart at 10 at night.

33. You take me out on dates. A movie can turn into an $80 "hot date" when you have three young girls at home with a babysitter. 

34. You will play Scrabble with me even though you really don't like the game.

35. You are my best friend and all that I ever wanted in a husband and more!!

 

And here is that super cool dude I "LOVED" in high school.

pete 002

There was a lot of hair between the two of us!                                                                   

6 comments:

Amy said...

What a great guy you have there! Happy Birthday Pete!

Didi said...

I just read Katie's entry and she did something very similar for her hubby's 30th! You too are very creative! What an awesome tribute!

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday to Pete. you guys had some great hair, lol!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jandacarter said...

Happy birthday Pete! And I remember you both with that hair! LOL!

kavakich said...

i just came across this on the internet! what a lovely family! i really miss u guys! happy belated pete! i can't believe i can actually 'kinda' take credit for y'all's union! that's freakin' awesome! a cool fact about pete from highschool is that he was such a sweet senior, he used to give me a ride home afterschool whenever i asked-so sweet!this is back when i could throw some change from the bottom of my purse in for 'gas money'(the good ole days!) it was actually on one of these trips home from taft high when i told pete kim had the 'hots' for him & he was soooo STOKED! it was super cute, and you guys were meant to be-thank god for couples like you two! happy 35 pete-i'm not far behind ya buddy, where have the years gone!?!
-sarah kavakich
kavakich@gmail.com