Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Alli

Alli came into this world six years ago today at 7:47 in the morning. She brought more joy into my life than I ever thought possible. I loved being a new mommy. I have such precious memories of taking care of my first baby girl.
Today has been the most beautiful day of the year. I can not believe how warm it is outside! I actually had to use the AC in the truck! What a wonderful day to celebrate Alli's birthday. Our first stop today was to Dunkin Donuts......no Krispy Kremes around here! The one we went to shares a space with Baskin and Robbins. Alli actually opted for ice cream instead of the donut......hard to believe. But I bought her one to have for dessert tonight. The girls and I were able to go into Alli's classroom to wish her a Happy Birthday at school. And after school we took advantage of this beautiful weather and went to the park.

6 Facts about Alli

1. Alli was born in Oklahoma while Pete was in the Army.
2. We wanted to give our first born child a family name. Alli's full name is Alexandra Jewell. She is named after my grandpa- Alejandro and Pete's nana- Jewell. I love her name! At the time, Pete and I watched a lot of Ally McBeal. Remember that show? We decided we would give her the nickname Alli.
3. I was in labor with Alli for 56 hours........no kidding!
4. Alli is our only child that shared our bed. She slept with us for almost two years.......Pete was deployed a lot during that time.
5. Alli shares a birthday with my mom. She was born 8 days after her due date so I never thought she would be born on my mom's birthday. Pete's dad's birthday is April 3rd. We thought possibly she would be born on his birthday.
6. Alli has lived in 8 different homes during her six years of life. This is including all the temporary homes because of deployments and one time when we were building our home in San Antonio.

6 Things Alli learned this year

1. Back in October she learned to ride her bike without training wheels.
2. In the last few months she learned to tie a bow.
3. The Easter Bunny left her a jump rope and she quickly learned to jump rope.
4. During kindergarten she has learned to read and write simple words, write the numbers one through one hundred and to add and subtract small numbers.
5. She continues to excel in gymnastics and is now doing perfect cartwheels, handstands and round-offs.
6. And most recently, she learned to make her own pony tail.

6 Things that I love about Alli

1. Her innocence.
2. Her desire to be better.
3. Her ability to make her sisters laugh.
4. The fact that she loves to cuddle.
5. Her singing.
6. How she always refers to herself as a "Fashion Girl".

I love you Alli! Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!
I spent some time this weekend going through some old photos. What fun! I could spend a day looking at pictures from the past. So I just picked of few of my favorites of Alli from the last 6 years.






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Alli. We miss you "A"!!! Glad you are six!

Didi said...

Awhhh!!! I love that you picked 6 things for age 6...very clever! Cute pics! I laughed...big sister...big sister again. :)

Rachael said...

I loved reading your list. Happy Birthday Alli!

Amy said...

What a cute post!! Happy Birthday Alli and welcome to the wonderful world of six, it is so much fun!