Sunday, April 6, 2008

We're Still Alive!

Yes, we four girls and one lucky guy are still alive! We have been a little busy with....umm, life, nothing out of the ordinary. And there is not a lot of exciting stuff to blog about. But I will fill you in anyways.

I have put Tori on a gluten-free diet. She has had eczema since she was a baby and has had belly issues since she was old enough to tell me her belly hurts. Her doctor does not think this will do a thing, but all the information on the Internet supports my decision. Who needs an MD when you have the Internet, right? I do like her doctor and I do listen to doctors. But after reading all of this gluten-free stuff and talking to gluten-free people, I have to try this out. And I can't bear to think that something I am giving her is making her belly hurt. So, we are giving this a try. It does require a lot of planning. I really have to plan for all meals and snacks. We are going on week number three so we still have a few weeks to see if this is going to help.

Pete has been traveling a lot.....a whole lot! And I just CAN.NOT.WAIT until this is over!

Alli is busy counting down the days until her birthday on Thursday. She is super excited and so am I! I love celebrating my girls' birthdays. She chose to have her birthday at Build A Bear Workshop. It should be pretty crazy....I am preparing myself now for craziness. I have never been in a Build A Bear on a Saturday that wasn't a mad house.

Katie is a handful! That is all I can say about her right now....a HANDFUL!! The girl makes me crazy! But she is so darn cute!

I have finally made a decision in choosing a preschool for Tori. It took me several weeks to decide and, of course, I ended up choosing the very first preschool I looked at. Schools make me so homesick! I can't explain it. It is just different here. But I do think I chose the right one. And I know Tori will love going to school.

Back in February, I started training for my second half marathon. Well, as my training has progressed, my lovely varicose veins that I acquired during all of my pregnancies have popped out. These things are horrible! They are not only UGLY, but they hurt! So, I will definitely be having some sort of vein surgery in the very near future.....like very very near future! As soon as Pete is done traveling I am going in for surgery.......I just need to find a doctor!

The high for tomorrow is 47 degrees! Come on Spring! I can't wait to get my feet in a pair of flip flops!

So that is about it for now! I will be posting about Alli's birthday on Thursday. Turning six in this household means you get to have your ears pierced!! Pete and I have gone back and forth about what is a good age to do this. I had my ears pierced when I was like 6 weeks old! She wants to do it the day before her birthday because she "does not want to do any screaming or crying on her birthday". So it looks like the girls and I will be making a trip to Claire's on Wednesday.

IMG_6379 The girls before church this morning.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Glad to get the Van Epps' update...we have been bad about blogging lately too. Your camera takes great pictures-the light always looks so natural, love it!

Amy said...

Those girls are so cute!
Good luck with the new diet, I really hope it works out for you. I know a few kids around here that are on it as well but for different reasons.

Didi said...

I'm with you on this traveling stuff. I did have fun with Dawn and am so lucky to have her, but I miss my honey. He flies home today...yay!

Good luck with everything going on!

Dawn said...

Sounds like your mom needs to come back! Hang in there! :)