Wednesday, April 30, 2008

15k = 9.3 miles

IMG_6535

Here I am crossing the finish line. I was so glad to see Pete and my girls there cheering me on. It was a great run. I am excited to be running long distance again. But I think I may wait until all my girls are in school before I do another long race. I want to be able to run outside more often but I just don't get many opportunities for it these days. I trained on the treadmill and only had a chance to do two short runs outside. I love to run outside, but my body has become accustomed to running on a soft surface. My knees definitely prefer my cushiony treadmill. I also would like to have a running partner. It is so funny how every time I move away, a friend of mine that did not run or work out while I was living there starts running and working out! I swear it has happened every place I have lived!

.                  

2 comments:

jandacarter said...

Congrats to you! Hahaha - I have started integrating running into my walks too! Who would've thought??? LOL!

Unknown said...

I may be working out and I definitely missed out on having YOU as my personal trainer while you were here but I would NEVER run a race :) Well maybe an indoor run - do they have those??