Friday, April 25, 2008

WHY???

A few situations came up last week that just made me want to shout out WHY!

Situation #1

I am walking into the store with my three girls trying to get them situated in the shopping cart. And an older man walks right up to us with wide eyes and says, "What I want to know is if they are all yours?!"

SERIOUSLY!! HOW RUDE IS THAT!?!? WHY WOULD ANYONE SAY THAT TO ME IN FRONT OF MY GIRLS?

Situation #2

Katie has finally started taking a 2 hour nap!!! She use to sleep an hour or just a bit over an hour. Ever since Tori learned to nap, she has been my good 2 hour napper.....until last week!

WHY DID TORI STOP TAKING A NAP THE SAME WEEK KATIE STARTED SLEEPING TWO HOURS? COULDN'T I HAVE GOTTEN ONE WEEK OF THEM BOTH NAPPING TWO HOURS?!

Situation #3

Pimples AND gray hair...........enough said.

WHY I AM STILL DEALING WITH MONTHLY BREAKOUTS WHEN I HAVE HAIRS THAT ARE TURNING GRAY? THIS IS JUST NOT FAIR!

Situation #4

Sibling rivalry. At home, I am a mother, wife, maid, chef, dog walker, AND referee!!!

WHY DO MY GIRLS FIGHT SO MUCH??? IF THEY ARE FIGHTING ALL THE TIME NOW, WHAT IS IT GOING TO BE LIKE WHEN THEY ARE TEENAGERS??

 

 

On top of all these situations, Pete was out of town from Monday until Friday. So I did ask myself WHY? a few times last week. But in the end, it was a good week all because of Alli's prayer. It came at just the right time. It was on Thursday night. This was a significant night because it was the last night of Pete's eight weeks of traveling. (Thank goodness my mom was here for half of it!) So as Alli was praying, she was thanking God and said, "Thank you Lord for all the time I get to spend with my mommy and some of the time with my daddy." This is EXACTLY what I needed to hear. It was one of those little reminders that I am doing EXACTLY what I should be doing. Staying home with three young girls is not easy, especially when I am still getting use to life in NJ. But hearing Alli's prayer was all I needed to make my week that was full of frustrations turn into a good week. I just love these moments! And, in that my moment, I felt so blessed that I just praised God for my job as a SAHM. And the fact that I am the one that Alli gets to spend most of her time with. After this summer, she will be in school full time and yeah, it will be easier, but 7 hours of our daily time together will be taken away. Who knew that I would be praising God for half day kinder? And besides, that rude man at the store, well he probably just thought I looked too young to have three kids! LOL!! Oh- and it is back to blonde highlights for me! It is already taken care. I took a much needed trip to the salon. It was great! And too funny that when I got home from sitting and being pampered for a couple of hours, my butt hurt!! That's right! My butt is not use to being sat on for more than like 10 minutes at a time!

4 comments:

jandacarter said...

Why is right! I think that man probably did mean you looked too young. I love the "you sure have your hands full!" comment. Yes, I know I do, so could you open the door for me??? By the way - still homeless here! Miss you!

Rachael said...

ahhh one of those "why" weeks. sounds like it was a trying week! Glad Alli made it all worth it, amazing how they always seem to have that power on us huh?! being a SAHM is the hardest job ever, but knowing we are raising our kids makes it all worth it.

Amy said...

Loved your WHYs and believe, I can relate! Alli's prayer was so sweet!

Didi said...

Girl, we can all relate!!! You made me cry with Alli's prayer. Glad you had some "you" time...it's good to sit on your bottom sometimes! :)